I’m sure you’ve hear it before but here it goes once more. IT IS OKAY TO WEAR WHITE AFTER LABOR DAY.
In case you don’t know, it was a 1800 fashion rule established by old money people for their inner circles in order to keep the newly rich outside of their elite. In modern words if someone showed up wearing white or any other dead trend to a social gathering, it mostly was because they didn’t get the memo, and why they didn’t get the memo? well because they weren’t in Reginas George group chats.
Fortunately those times are long gone (well, almost) thanks to rebellious fashionable souls such Mademoiselle Coco Chanel who wore white all year round, we have the freedom to wear pretty much every color we want regardless of the season and with a few simple rules you can transition your summer staples to the cooler days. Specifically the White Jean.
5 Simple Tips To Wear White Jeans After Labor Day.
- Make sure your jeans are at least one for the trending styles of the year. For instance, hight rise, skinny, mini flare cropped, raw hem etc.
- It’s all about the shoes, Labor Day officially dictates the end of summer and although September can get pretty hot you shouldn’t stick to your studded gladiator sandals or any other resort style shoe, that includes espadrilles.
- Opt for a more transitional shoe like mules, I found great dupes of some of the more popular designer styles, also try perforated booties, sneakers, pumps, and slides.
- Style your jeans with colors of the season, this year we’ll continue with neutrals, gem colors and some pastels like lilac.
- Pair them a third piece such a maxi cardigan, light duster, blazer or a shawl.
Like every rule, white jeans after Labor Day also comes with an exception. I personally won’t wear them to work or formal meetings; Despite trying to dress it up, this type of trouser is super casual, it’s a great option for a weekend look or Sunday brunch and even for a getaway to the country side.
Following these simple tips will make your transitional style seamless and smart. FINAL NOTE: As days get colder, take off the open toe shoes and wear your favorite ankle or over the knee boots with chunky knits and coats.
Thanks for vaster the blog darlings! email me to firstname.lastname@example.org to DM -me on Insta @lizostyle if you want to schedule a style update or mommy makeover for the new season. Luv ya!